Ian's had a cold for a few days now. Last night, he started complaining his stomach was bothering him. I'd decided to take him to the doctor last night as this is the 3rd or 4th stomach bug he's gotten and it just won't stay away! Then, this morning, he got up and couldn't hardly walk. He said his hip was killing him. It turns out that sometimes when kids have a cold, the virus can cause inflamation in the hip joints. So, he had to get a hip x-ray to make sure there wasn't anything else going on. As Dr. Rhodes was listening to his chest, his heart murmur was back. It hasn't been heard in several years! So, he also got an EKG and a chest x-ray. I told him he really didn't need to fall apart right before Daddy came home! I really wasn't expecting such excitment from this doctor's visit! His EKG looked alright, thankfully. Lots of rest and motrin for the leg pain and he'll be good as new in a week or so!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment