CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 20, 2010



Today was Ian's Pinewood Derby race. He wanted to have a hummer shaped car to remind him of Daddy, but he wanted it to be Pokemon themed instead of Military themed. He combined his two favorite things for his car. So, red paint job and red wheels as we all know red is his favorite color! I went to the Party store to find Pokemon stickers (our original plan of painting it to look like a pokemon animal didn't work out!) for the car. I spray painted it and Ian decorated it with stickers. Thank goodness I bought this little tool and a brace to help with the alignment of the wheels! Ian ended up being 4th out of 28 cars! I think he would have been even higher if I'd talked him into putting a little more weight on it. It was VERY close that last race! He was proud of his car and getting 4th place! However, it finally hit him that his Dad wasn't here to share it with him. He had a meltdown after the race, but perked back up after a little while. He can't wait for Dad to get home so he can show him his blue ribbon, his DVD he won, his patch, and most of all his car! I told him he'd have to tell Dad that mom set the bar pretty high...he'd have to build a car to beat my 4th place finish next year! Not too bad for someone who didn't have a clue what they were doing! hehe
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment